Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reflexion


I can’t believe how fast these eight weeks have pass by. I still remember our teacher telling us that effectively the second part of the semester leaves you with this sensation. I have the pleasure of being part of the class of Professor Beverly Aronowitz for two consecutive semesters and the experience was simple wonderful. I remember walking into her class last semester but mostly I remember how scare I was for taking a writing class. I was simple terrified for coming back to school after 20 years.

But there was one of the most dedicated teachers I have ever met: making everything so smooth and easy not only for me but for the entire class. Suddenly, I found myself enjoying the writing process. The reason why I think is very important to mention this is because she makes me gain confidence while learning to write. This is not an easy task when your original language isn’t English. Slowly but firmly she was constantly encouraging my learning while building the foundation of my future as a college student. I make her directly responsible for any success that I accomplish at writing for my other classes.

This semester was not different but it was especially tough for me. A series of events on my personal life were taking me to my edge. I was seriously thinking on dropping the semester. But not only the making of the blog -- which I really enjoy – but reading the work of my classmates makes me realize that we all have problems that we have to overcome. This is life, it is not easy and we will fall as many times to gain experience but it is up to us to keep ourselves stronger.

Suddenly I started to think on my life in Peru and the chaos that my family and I have to survived and finally overcome. This single thought makes me come back up on my feet and while reading on my classmates experiences on life I promised myself to fight even harder.

This is how powerful writing is. For the lector, a specific piece of work can change his/her life. I strongly believed that the objective of this course is being largely accomplished.  I have learned that the development of a blog can make the process of writing -- and the subject – more intense, powerful and personal. Writing about one specific subject but at the same time splitting it in a few subthemes makes us take the research even further and as a result we became more informed. This method is definitely different to the traditional research project but I believe that it is extremely more effective when it comes to acquiring understanding.

Other techniques such adding images to our research to visually reinforce our thoughts were definitely something amazing. I have learned that sometimes an image can said more than thousand words. As a technology increases the possibilities of communication, we also learned that texting is also another type of literacy because involves our skills to communicate with each other. The only thing that is left for me to say is that communication is a very powerful thing. It is what keeps humanity together.

 The semester is one more time over, but the knowledge that we have acquired and the connections that we have made will last for the rest of our lives. I am sincerely thankful with all of you.


Citation 

Image (n.d.) Retrieved May 10, 2011 from http://123rf.com .




No comments:

Post a Comment